IML: Texas Meet & Texas Classic Car Show

IML: Texas Meet & Texas Classic Car Show

Information about Round Rock and the Texas Classic Car Show:

If the Texas Meet Group wants to take in the "Texas Classic Car Show", I suggest we meet at the "Rudy's Barbecue" located right on the West side of I-35 in Round Rock. Take Exit 254 if headed North or South. That is the same exit as for Hwy. 3406 in Round Rock, TX. It is very easy to get to and would not have the crowding that the Rudy's Barbecue on Hwy 183 near the car show. It is very casual dining, with a walk-up order area, pick up your food and drinks and eat at one of the many long picnic style tables.

I suggest the above location since it is such easy access from the Interstate Highway and will not be as crowded as the Rudy's Barbecue on Hwy. 183 (Research Blvd.)

To get to Hwy. 183/Research Blvd. from the Rudy's Barbecue in Round Rock, just go West on Hwy 3406 and follow it until it intersects with Hwy. 1431. Take a left and stay on Hwy. 1431 until it comes to Hwy. 183/Research Blvd. and take a left (South). Continue South on Hwy 183/Research Blvd. until you come to Braker Lane and take a right. Stay on Breaker Lane until you come to Jollyville Road. Take a left on Jollyville Road and look for the Great Hills Baptist Church and the free parking lot. There is a $2 fee to ride the air conditioned shuttle bus to the car show site. There is a good *.pdf map on the Texas Classic Car Show website: http://www.texasccs.com/

If anyone wants to eat after the car show and before heading home, Kerbey Lane is a good restaurant right on Hwy 183 (12602 Research Blvd.). If you want information on Kerbey Lane, their website is: http://www.kerbeylanecafe.com/ Select the Round Rock location and an illustration of the site and access to a map comes up. This is not far from the Texas Classic Car Show location also on Hwy 183 (Research Blvd.).

Joe
begin:vcard
fn:Joe Strickland
n:Strickland;Joe
adr;dom:;;1021 Vaughan Lane;Tioga;TX;76271
version:2.1
end:vcard