From: aeyn
Subject: Re: IML: Factory Jokes
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 12:45:06 -0700 (PDT)

Allan,
Back in 69-79, there was a lot of contract strikes and if
there was a work slow down while waiting for strike decisions,
things like this would happen. It was not JUST on Chrysler
lines, but across the industry. I had a step-cousin that worked
on the specialty/police line in Belvedere and he said the they
would drop a bolt down a tranny, just so they could travel into
the field to address the problems. I would think that some of
the problems in the Imperials which were made JUST BEFORE a
strike would have been MORE subjected to these types of antics.
When my Dad advised me when I was in the market to pick out my
REAL first car, he said to look into Chrysler, Plymouth, and
Dodge cars because they were better built and were more likely to
survive an accident. I had just lost a teenage (my same age)
friend to a car accident envolving his Dad's Caddy and a cement
truck. I did not get an Imperial but a new 1970 Cougar. I had
the car for 14 months and it was in the shop for 2 WEEKS out of
EVERY ONE of those 14 months. Two weeks AFTER I sold it to a
FORD dealer, (August, 1971) I replaced it with a 1969 Imperial
LeBaron 4 DrHt, Glacier Blue with a Blue Vinyl roof and light
Blue Leather interior. It had been a fleet leased car in Las
Vegas originally. It had 48k miles on it. I was 18 and a Junior
at the University of Arizona.
Fortunately, I found VERY few factory antics on it, BUT I did
not like the prep for the column key that Chrysler by putting the
key on the left side.
BTW, does any one know where I can purchase a PARCHMENT
coloured vinyl roof covering? (original textured)

Æyn & Patrick
1975 LeBaron 4 DrHt
1993 Sedan