Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2007 11:48 AM
Subject: Re: IML: vinyl cleaner

Where do I buy these cleaners. The color is definitely
under the black.
--- Greg and Russell <65luxuryliner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Bill,

Could it be that the black you are seeing is the
actual color of the dash
pad where the light tan dye has worn off or faded?
If so, the pad can be
refreshed with more dye.  If, on the other hand, you
are fairly certain the
black color you are seeing is old, aged vinyl
conditioner, there are quite a
few vinyl cleaners on the market that you could try
to remove the
conditioner.  You may have to try a weak solution of
Purple Power or Super
Clean (emphasis on weak).  You can't use these
products full strength or
they'll remove not only the aged conditioner but the
dye on the pad as well!
If, after fully cleaning the pad, the black
'reappears', my bet would be the
dye is gone.  If so, contact Joanne Price at
Color-Plus
http://www.colorplus.com/ and she will be able to
help you with a
water-based dye to recolor the pad.  I've had great
success with her
company's products!

Best of luck and let us know how things turn out!

Greg McDonnell
'65 Crown convertible

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Longest" <billlongest@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 08, 2007 10:02 PM
Subject: IML: vinyl cleaner

> All
> I have a light tan dash in my 81 Imperial.  The
top of
> the dash has turned almost black. I have found a
few
> products  that almost get the black off, (make it
much
> lighter) but with a few days the black is back. I
> believe this is darkened vinyl conditioner.  The
over
> the counter stuff does not work. I have tried them
> all. Any suggestions?
>
> Bill Longest
> --- randalpark@xxxxxxx wrote:

>> Email and AIM finally together. You've gotta
check
>> out free AOL Mail! -
>> http://mail.aol.com
>> =0

>> response will be
>> shared with everyone. Private messages (and
>> attachments) for the
>> Administrators should be sent to
>> iml.webmonster@xxxxxxxxx
>> To UN-SUBSCRIBE, go to