Re: IML: NAME: ALICE what's YOUR car's name?

well , to add my bit - my 60 is named sharna jetson ! ufo !

 steve.

From: John Corey <jcorey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IML: NAME: ALICE what's YOUR car's name?
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 17:31:27 -0400

Well, my first Imperial (61 Southampton) was  bought purely in appreciation of its sculptural quality  A kind of subtlety in form not shared by other outrageously finned cars, by Exner or lesser designers, hence SUBTLE XS

The 61 convertible for which I overpaid on acquisition; and then into which inserted ungodly amounts of coulda-been-retirement dollars and pre-retirement hours, all just to immediately rally coast-to-coast in the 2006 Great Race (fresh restoration be damned, let's DRIVE!), while leaving my patient wife to wonder if midlife would last much longer:  is called NO XQS (that is, 'no excuse').  But I love it.

I also had a 67 Eldo named 'Thirsty' (need i say more); a Fiat named Leo (nardo); and my current daily, a green Jaguar named 'Q' (see James Bond movies if reference is unclear).

jc