RE: IML: Texas meet good fun, to be repeated next year

RE: IML: Texas meet good fun, to be repeated next year

It was a complete blast!  Joe, Doug and I drove down in Joe's Dodge pickup,
so we at least had "Chrysler" represented in there somewhere.

We talked cars all the way there.  Once we hooked up with Mark and Hugh, we
sat at the BBQ place forever and talked - they were probably glad to see us
leave!  Then we went over to Mark's to watch Hugh's DVD's of Imperial vs.
The Other Luxury Brands in road tests.  Awesome!  While we were doing that,
we suddenly realized that the car show that we went to Austin to see in the
first place would be over in an hour (4PM)!!!!!!!!!  So we piled in the cars
and headed out.  I rode with Mark, who led the pack, and we kept talking and
missing our exits.  Fancy that!!  But we did eventually get situated and get
to walk around among all the nice cars that were there.

Although there were no Imperials present, there was a very nice 1931 Pierce
Arrow (that's CLOSE to being an Imperial, isn't it?).  When I found out that
she also had a 1926 Pierce Arrow, I asked the woman who owned it to marry me
on the spot.  She didn't think that her husband of 37 years would go for
that, though, so I did not come home with a new Pierce Arrow, I mean, wife.

After the car show shut down, we all trooped over to the Kerby Lane Café
where we also hooked up with Mark's wife and 3 beautiful kids.  We had more
food to eat than should be legal, talked more car stuff, eventually said our
goodbyes, and headed for Dallas.

Joe, Doug and I then talked cars all the way back home again!  I think we
got our fix, but only for a short while.

And a great time was had by all!

--Brooks in Dallas
  '61 4-door Custom
  '63 Crown Convertible (it's in boxes, but hey, at least I have it)