Re: IML: question for 1959 owners

Currently I'm looking for some 1960 wheel
covers but I'd like to investigate the '59 option
first. Yes, Wire wheels are always an option, too.
Thanks so much and please excuse my long-winded-ness.
Bruce

'59 went to 15" wheels mid production year. The new wheel covers look a lot like the old ones with the addition of holes around the edge to help with airflow for brake cooling. Look at the '59 section on the website under members rides and you will see some good shots of the wheel covers and what they look like. Bill White has some pictures up there that are very flattering to the car and wheel covers. Also look at the '59 Spotters guide at http://imperialclub.com/Yr/1959/SpottersGuide/index.htm The Crown wheel cover shown is a 15" and the LeBaron wheel cover below it is a 14"

On the LeBaron for '59 the "cog" in the center of the wheel cover was anodized gold. They come off the hubcap pretty easily and look very nice if you spray them gold IMHO.

Steve B.