Re: IML: Power Piston on '57 and '58

The power piston is used only on 57-58 A/C Cars: it's moved via the A/C power piston solenoid by engine oil  (yes, engine oil, ther's a T fitting at the rear of the engine, one outlet for the dash oil pressure gauge, the other for the solenoid) .

When it is used it moved the damper door (a door inside the plenum chamber between "air" coming from exterior to the inside ducts) to opened or closed positions.
I have, i think,a working power piston . Seems that itsn't very difficult to disassemble.

--
Philippe COURANT

Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)- Webmaster des sites ACCF et C-I-F

Imperial 1957 Crown convertible

Buick 1996 Roadmaster wagon

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com

- Chrysler Imperial France (C-I-F) :   http://www.ch300imp.com