Re: IML: Rebuilding / reinstalling a 392 hemi into a 1958

Re: IML: Rebuilding / reinstalling a 392 hemi into a 1958

"Hugh, 58 Imperial" <imperial58@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In passing, the link to "Rebuilding your Hemi" on the main web site does not work. I'd sure like to read that, if possible.
Hugh and Everyone,

The article Hugh refers to is linked from http://www.imperialclub.com/Repair/Engine/392.htm
I just repaired the link to the article, Hugh, so go check it again!  :o)
This message is directed at folks who have had the pleasure of rebuilding and reinstalling their 392 Hemi into a 57 or 58 Imperial.
Hugh, you'll very likely benefit from this book: The Complete Chrysler Hemi Engine Manual available from Amazon.com at http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Chrysler-Hemi-Engine-Manual/dp/1878772015/ref=sr_1_4/002-2550902-5331227?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1190310400&sr=1-4
(if that link doesn't work, use this one:
http://tinyurl.com/2ggmt9).  This manual covers how to rebuild the early hemis, including the 392.

Do you have a '58 Factory Shop Manual?  I haven't looked at mine recently, but I believe(?) it gives the steps to remove and install the engine.

Good luck!

Elijah

Imperial Power Window Switch Repair - http://home.comcast.net/~imperial1971/

Find Repair & Shop Manuals, Parts Books, History & More at The Imperial Bookshelf!
http://home.comcast.net/~imperial1971/Bookshelf.html

My Collection of Imperials - http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/
1965 Imperial LeBaron
1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Sedan