Re: IML: Rebuilding / reinstalling a 392 hemi into a 1958

Re: IML: Rebuilding / reinstalling a 392 hemi into a 1958

Title: Philippe COURANT
Hi Hugh,
I can assume that the best way is to reinstall the engine with trans ! You bolt the trans (converter) on the ground and you slide the assembly in the car. You must remove radiator and radiator yoke. Beware of the distributor clearance at heater fiber housing, best is to remove the dist. cap.
You need to have a strong crane, the assembly is very heavy.

Yes, i know, it's better w/o body ....  http://www.ch300imp.com/images/57moi25.jpg

--

Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)- Webmaster des sites ACCF et C-I-F

Imperial 1957 Crown convertible

Buick 1996 Roadmaster wagon

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com

- Chrysler Imperial France (C-I-F) :   http://www.ch300imp.com