Re: IML: '52 Air Conditioner-Factory vs. Dealer

Re: IML: '52 Air Conditioner-Factory vs. Dealer

Fellow Imperialist's of the mid-50's:

    I have often wondered on how many other model years the rear air intakes were offered in that rear quarter method, and as a dealer installation owner, who {the dealer} of course would never go through the expense of cutting them in and repainting etc., for a factory look and who would sell it as 'not necessary' to the prospective buyer, and due to the recirculator ducts and the tremendous power of the two blowers with the separate dual controls I have on mine-see picture on '56 page-- which provide excellent cooling, I was wondering how many of you, with a factory installation, have this dual control option as I cannot tell from your dash control whether it has this dual option or not.  I am also curious as to whether these rear intakes mounted that way are 'bug collector's' or troublesome on rainy days due to their positioning, understanding they must have some water relief somewhere?

Jack

1956 Imperial