Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2007 12:57 PM
Subject: IML: yardsale finds

I occassionally stop at yardsales, hope springing eternal that some fool
will be selling a precious artifact.  As it happens, I'm more frequently the
fool as I often come home with bargains that we don't need, haplessly
populating our own yardsale box.  My wife is patient.

I was traveling to Jackson, Louisiana about a month ago on a Saturday,
headed with my 10 year-old son to a car and train museum.  I'm forever on
the lookout for  Imperial-related stuff (required Imperial content), and
with that and other things in mind I stopped at a little yard sale/junk shop
in a nameless town just east of Jackson on Highway 16, i.e. Nowhereville.

My son Sam found a tiny bottle with a penny trapped inside etched with "Las
Vegas."  That cost a dime and he considers it treasure.  Oddly, there was
also a Chryslter 300 chrome badge.  I believe I paid 50 cents for it.  It's
got a few surface pits, but it's certainly salvageable.  I suspect it is
from a mid-60's model 300 (I had a '70 300 and it didn't have this badge on
it) probably from a quarter panel.  I've scanned a photo if anyone needs to
see it.  I'll email the photo and mail the badge to whoever is interested,
and will waive the 50 cent purchase price and postage.  Allow your guilt to
arrest the urge to take it simply for the purpose of reselling it, though it
can't be worth much.  Plainly, I'm anticipating the recipient being someone
who can match it to their own 300.

Patrick
Covington, Louisiana
'58 Southampton (project)