IML: Imperial "Rarity" in collector terms?

IML: Imperial "Rarity" in collector terms?

A 1964 Chrysler Imperial Convertible ad now running on Ebay posits that are are "fewer than a 100 still known to exist." As the owner of one, I'm curious how anyone arrives at that figure - not than I'm debating, or even inclined to debate it. Any wisdom on the accuracy and method to determine such a thing?

One guideline I supppose would the number registered on IML....

BTW, there are now THREE of the "100" 1964 Convertibles at auction right now on Ebay! (LOL?)
Rex Allen
64 Imp Convertible

See what's new at http://www.aol.com