RE: IML: Installing Replacement Tail Light Lenses on a '62 & Brake syste

RE: IML: Installing Replacement Tail Light Lenses on a '62 & Brake system

Can you still buy replacements tail lens for a '62?  Can you reveal your
source and the price?

Paul wrote:

I bought a pair of reproductions for my '62 about 20 years ago. They had the
holes drilled already, and the original screws worked fine. I had to remove
the "reflectors" inside the old lenses and install them
into the new ones. Other than that, the job was a piece of cake. I finally
put them on the car in 2003.

Paul W.

Paul, thanks for the input.  The lenses I bought were probably from perhaps
the same person?  I ordered my from a man in Irondale, AL.  The lenses do
have the screw holes already in them from the injection molding process.  It
is just that I was unsure what size screws were used with the OEM lenses.
The replacement lenses also required removal of the reflector clear lenses
inside and reusing them with the new ones.  I now have another set of the
clear internal lenses thanks to Mark Evans.  I still have the OEM lenses for
the car, but I was never sure if the right size screws had been used with
them.  Not all of the ones I removed were the same size.  The original
lenses have internal crazing cracks in them.  They are still usable, but
don't look too great.