RE: IML: Back in the fold - Electronic Ignition?

It seems there was an early electronic system in 69, saw a friends 69 LeBaron, less than four years ago. It had a system similar to the 72 on, but different componets. It was a factory installed system, since the installation was too perfect, to be aftermarket, and I believe there was some documentation, to support that. The ECM was mounted on the radiator support, with large heat sink fins. It could have been in early development, for the 72 on systems we now have. Dave.

From: "John L. Chesnutt" <chesnutt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Dick,

Our 1970 Chrysler 300 Convertible has points and not electronic ignition which I wish it had. It is a California car and was sold 1-13-70 by the Chrysler Dealer in Albany, CA. It has the Fuel Tank (E.C.S.)Evaporation Control System. We bought it from the original owner July 3, 1986 at Lafayette, CA.. seems that it should have had the electronic ignition.

Thanks for the information below

John Chesnutt, Portland, OR

 1970 300 Convertible, 1970 Imperial LeBaron  2 Dr HT, 1971 Chrysler New Yorker 4 DR HT and two 1965 Imperial Crown Coupes.