IML: Points vs elect

If you convert to elctronic you will have much better preformance all around in my opinion.  I have made the conversion on several of my cars and alway had better everything.  I alway use the stock electonic ignition. I use the ECU box a ballast risister, and the wiring loom to make them run.  This way I can carry any extra parts that match if I need to.  Most all parts stores have the parts  one needs.  Dist are easy to come by.. If you want you can buy everything you needs for under $200.00 .  If you are like me I alway have used parts that I can use. Get by for as little as $50..00 or less.  I usually carry an extra ballast resister and some time the brain box.  Never had a problem with the elec dist.  Have had to replace the brain box a time or two but that could be because I used used parts. Points are great if the dist shaft is not worn.  If it is you can never get a good adjustment.l  THe elct hardly ever wares out.