Sent: Monday, October 08, 2007 10:10 PM
Subject: Re: IML: no air from the vents

My 90 does the same thing, I never took the dash apart, but I have heard quite a few folks dealing with the same thing, I think it is a design flaw, the tab between the actuator ( motor) and the actual blend door lever, breaks. So you wind up getting air out the defroster vents or the floor...from what I understand it is a mechanical issue, not vacuum one. Occasionally, right at start up, if your A/C is already on, you will get air from the vents for just a moment.. but apparently the dash has to come apart to access the broken lever piece... again, I havn't actually taken the car apart yet, so i can't speak from experience... anyone else wanna' chime in who's actually fixed it?

J-C <jchudd@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a 90 that now onlys blows air out the defroster or at the floor. Is this a blend door problem? Maybe a vacuum issue. Anyone have any advice on the fix for this? Does the dash have to come apart for servicing those actuators and doors?  Thanks Jeff

90-black
91-blue