Re: IML: My Imperial Dilemma

Imperialist John:

    IMO, sell it if you are not interested in owning a vintage/antique car anymore, but be willing to again be on the outside looking in when it comes to the prestige return on the cars, which is hard to put a price on, as how often in this short lifetime are you able to live and drive a dream daily??? ......or, keep that beauty and all you have into it:  the relationship with the car [we all have one], money, effort, but most of all, the enjoyment, for if there is one thing certain to learn in the old car biz after being an owner of other older brands, and that is you will be hard pressed to find a better built car than an Imperial, nor will you find a finer resource for any other vehicle on the planet than this site, and no matter what you do with the money, it'll never be as fun as was the car day in and day out in hindsight after the fact.....even when she was 'temperamental'.....then, if you are ever interested in re-entering the "hobby", be sure to note that the $5G will not go far and that what you have now and what you know needs to be 'done' after putting 13G into her, I would imagine is far less than buying someone else's 'turnkey', and starting from scratch....

Jack
1956 Imperial