Re: IML: MPG (was My Imperial Dilemma)

I have just purchased and installed a new dash gauge cluster and gas tank, so I now have a functioning odometer.  I just haven't had the heart yet to calculate the mileage, but with the antique license plate, I drive it very little, so I am not too worried.  However, I believe that, even in stop-start driving, I am doing better than 6 mpg - maybe not 12.5, but I think it is probably closer to 12.5 than 6.

I love my Imperial!  Today and tomorrow it is being parked in the drive of one of the homes on the Old Oak Cliff Conservation League tour of homes.  Today, it enjoyed more attention than the home at which it was parked!  Not surprising. . .

Doug Norton
1964 Crown Coupe (The Princess)

"Hugh, 58 Imperial" <imperial58@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Lupe wrote:

> Oh yes, I enjoy my Imperial. I just spent another $125 on it
> for some spare window motors and switches. I really hate
> that it only gets about 6 mpg. A carburetor is probably in
> order. A tech here in San Diego will do it for $160.

> 60 Thunderbird Hard Top
> 64 Imperial Crown Coupe

6 MPG sounds pretty low, even for one of big motored, heavy beasties. My 58
does considerably better, especially at highway speeds. It is, however,
pretty awful in stop start traffic, so I try my best to avoid it. I'd be
interested to know what other folks get from theirs.

Hugh