IML: MPG (was My Imperial Dilemma)

Lupe wrote:

Oh yes, I enjoy my Imperial. I just spent another $125 on it
for some spare window motors and switches. I really hate
that it only gets about 6 mpg. A carburetor is probably in
order. A tech here in San Diego will do it for $160.

60 Thunderbird Hard Top
64 Imperial Crown Coupe

6 MPG sounds pretty low, even for one of big motored, heavy beasties. My 58 does considerably better, especially at highway speeds. It is, however, pretty awful in stop start traffic, so I try my best to avoid it. I'd be interested to know what other folks get from theirs.

Hugh