Sent: Monday, October 15, 2007 12:07 AM
Subject: Re: IML:1972 manifolds

--- MIKE CINDY BECKER <mikeandcindyb@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> HI Kenyon,
 I tried using the HP c-body exhaust
> manifolds, but the drivers side dumped into the
> steering mechinism, it looks like in the pictures
> yours is going to hit to. How did you solve that
> problem ?
>
> thanks, Mike Becker, Salem, Oregon

The photos must not tell the whole story - they clear
with lots of room to spare.  An elegant item, those
manifolds.  I'll do the same on any other engines I
redo for the 3 other 70-73 cars that I have.  I don't
have a 67/68, so that's not an issue yet.

The dump kicks outward, not straight down, neatly
missing the starter, while the steering is forward of
it.  I questioned it when I had the engine out and
ready, things lined up fine once in though.

-Kenyon

Kenyon Wills