Re: IML: Rear Swaybar

Careful.  I called them and the guy didn't have much
in the way of answers.  Of course I called on the day
that the guy I wanted to talk to was on vacation or
something perhaps?  That's how it goes sometimes.

I'm looking to jump the front to a 1.25 or 1.5 inch
and 7/8 inch or 1 inch in the rear.  Almost everyone
that I spoke to was totally unprepared for the "why"
questions on which size and what proportions would
make the most sense for my application.  I wound up on
the phone with  the head of engineering at Hellwig,
and he knew his stuff, so we made a date.

I'll take a camera and try to get a feel for what
happens.  Supposedly they're going to make stuff up on
the spot for me, and I'll try to get the patterns or
whatever recorded just in case there's anyone else
that wants to make an Imperial firmer, although that's
a group that's gotta get counted on one hand's worth
of fingers or less, I suppose.

Skak, can you do a photo essay and write up what you
have done and will do to your car and why you're
thinking of doing it so that we can post it onto the
site?  We give anyone that wants it a free page for
each of their Imperials that can get updated at any
time....

-Kenyon

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/sjak_brak/full%20size%20talk/73imp/100_0023.jpg)

> It is not listed on their site, but call them and
> explain them your needs.
> Compared to other companies, Just Suspension are
> very helpfull for full size
> owners, e.g. they make new torsion bars for the
> regular C-body's. They also
> offered to re-fabricate the brake rotors for my
> imperial, but shipping rates
> are a problem for me right now.
>
> On 10/15/07, Kenyon Wills
> <imperialist1960@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Where did you get the swaybar from?
> >
> > I didn't find anyone with anything on the shelf
> that
> > was thick enough for my needs, and almost everyone
> had
> > no answer at all or was guessing, which I can't
> stand.
> >
> > -Kenyon
> >
> > --- sjak brak <imperial1973@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Very interesting. I already have all parts from
> > > Energy Suspension waiting
> > > for months on the shelf for a similar upgrade of
> my
> > > 73's rear suspension. I
> > > am going to include an anti-swaybar as well. The
> bar
> > > is still on its way
> > > (sea freight to cut down on shipping cost) so
> [...]
=== message truncated ===

Kenyon Wills