From: dansgarage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <dansgarage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 10:53 am
Subject: RE: IML: Q. icw rubber parts maker

Hi All...anyone who owns an older car, especially a large/heavy one such as our Imperials, has had to deal with replacing rubber bushings of one type or another at SOME point in their vehicles life. While checking into rebuilding the
mechanical portions of my '66 LeBaron I have run into trying to find
'reasonably' priced replacement rubber bushings for various items (such as the front Sway Bar...and 'Thanks again'to Jack for the EBay URL). Suppliers like
Atlas Obsolete Parts has these parts but they tend to be, shall we say,
'pricey'.....yes yes, I know, 'thats the price we pay for owning an
Imperial'!...and i recognize this as being my own fault for not keeping a Nova or Chevelle or other vehcile that has parts much easier to find and cheaper to
buy....and i wouldn't change for a minute!
What I am wondering is, if anyone out there has come across a company or supplier that will produce parts such as the rubber bushings for anyone who needs them?...probably after having to supply a good original of course. I am guessing that this is what some suppliers (such as Gary Goers) do to have the parts they supply on hand for folks like ourselves when we do need these parts. I have a feeling that having these rubber parts made up, even in quantities of a few dozen at a time, just might be very cost prohibitive but I figured I at least ask all you experts out there and see what you have to say. I certainly can't be the ONLY one who either is working on, or planning on, rebuilding the
rubber-bushing portions of their vehicles.
Thanks for any suggestions (or experiences) you have had looking for these type
of parts and feel free to email me at "dansgarage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx")
Thanks bunches All!!!
Dan Melnik