Re: Re: IML: What color represents "Luxury"??

Re: Re: IML: What color represents "Luxury"??

Luxurious Color
Most Popular Luxury Vehicle Colors
By JEREMY ROSENBERG

See Top Colors Here

While gold far outranks silver in terms of price per troy ounce on the precious metals market, when it comes to luxury car colors, silver reigns supreme.

For the second year in a row, silver has surpassed white to become the paint color of choice on luxury cars and trucks sold in North America. Next up is black, which placed third; blue, fourth; light brown, fifth; and red in sixth.

Where did the hue of the safe-haven investment come in? The yellow/gold color family was ranked the seventh most popular exterior for vehicles purchased in 2005. Green, gray and “others” rounded out the rest of the Top 10 Luxury Vehicle Colors list.

These findings were among the results of the annual DuPont Automotive Color Popularity Report, which analyzes vehicle exterior paint sold by color family and breaks it down by vehicle model type, such as luxury, and by world region, such as North America. DuPont is the worldÂ’s leading supplier of color coatings to the automotive industry and, in the United States, the company claims its coatings are featured on eight of the top-10 selling vehicles.