Re: IML: What color represents "Luxury"??

Re: IML: What color represents "Luxury"??

Hi Anthony, I'm glad you asked this, I have been a Classic American car lover, collector, and self proclaimed "historian" for about 30 years, and I have given this question a lot of thought over the years, and have formed some strong opinions on the subject.. First off, to me, what says "luxury" for a luxury car, is the color that the car seems to look best in, or the color that flatters the car the most, while still looking appropriate.. most folks( i'm guessing) think of black for luxury.  .All cars look good in Black,. especially Luxury cars, and black certainly looks fantastic on any year Imperial, as do most formal colors with a deep gloss and metallic.  To me, I have always thought that American Luxury cars , by make, look best in one or two colors.. Lincoln works best in midnight blue the color of the 79 Collectors series, or emerald green from the same year.  Cadillacs look best in White, or to me Creamy yellow ( a color from 1976)as well as fire engine red with white trim combo. Imperial carries lots of colors beautifully.white, greys, blues ( light and dark) even the greens of the 60's and 70's.. I think look great, but to me, dark metallic reds, actually burgundy look the absolute best on Imperial. There is an old magazine ad from around 1973 ish that shows a can of car wax magnificently reflected in the hood of a rich, red Imperial, absolutely spectacular.. I had the ad saved on my computer, if I find it I will  post a link.. Anyway, my 2cents..

Matt

mamrom@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
 So what does a Luxury Imperial color look like? Thanks for all your Opinions - Anthony