From: sjak brak
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2007 12:17 PM
Subject: IML: 1960 temperature gauge, was: 1960 Imperial brake bleeding

In my experience from the speedshop, the original Mopar gauges can often get very inaccurate over the years. This can have various causes.

The only way to correctly check the temperature is to install a calibrated gauge and sending unit. This will not affect the originality of the car, since you can remove it after comparing the readings from the calibrated unit with the one on your dash.