Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2007 4:31 PM
Subject: IML: removing chrome bits

I am preparing to repaint my 65. I want to remove the Imperial letters from the rear decklid for rechroming. I would like to do the same for the driver's mirror. The eagle emblem on the hood looks straightforward tp remove.

Some have suggested using a putty knife to remove the letters. Do you agree? I don't want to damage them trying to pop them off. As for the mirror, do I need to disconnect it from the remote lever on the dash or can I simply remove the cable(?) from the mirror itself. It appears that the mirror would be removed by removing two screws connecting it to the fender. An lastly, I need to remove the mirror itself from the assembly. Is that simple to d?. I am not adept at this kind of stuff.

Thanks

Mark Boehme