Re: IML: 67 Convertible delivery- FRUSTRATED !

Re: IML: 67 Convertible delivery- FRUSTRATED !

hey guys,

Well my nice fellow from Michigan called me to report the 'disaster' befalling him at the border....

no, the Imp is fine, [ I said 'phew' , too, when he said 'disaster'  but she got through US customs fine -  i.e. cleared because she was not stolen] but Canadian customs turned my poor car back to the US because an individual carrier cannot import the car into Canada [at least there in Detroit/Windsor]

There are many forms etc that have to be filled out and we were advised I either had to come personally to do this, or I had to engage a customs broker [which I tried to do for two hours tonight but they all quit at 5 pm]  The Government wouldn't take my credit card over the phone for the Canadian taxes of about $700 either.....buggers!

You guys know the saying ...."if you want to the the dead come back to life, come see the staff here at quitting time".

We will try again tomorrow when/if I can get a customs broker in Windsor to clear my shipment.

I nebver had this problem importing various things from south of our border -   over the past ten years I imported a 26 foot boat, a 32 foot Airstream, and my nearly 20' long 1969 Imperial....

What a terrible thing 9-11 did for us all.  Cant even import an 'asset' to our country like an Imperial without oodles of red tape.

So the birth is delayed...

Stay tuned.

If anyone knows a good customs broker in Detroit-Windsor, please let me know.

Allen
Halifax Nova Scotia