IML: Torque-flite transmission

Hi fellows, is there some experienced technician for a 1956 torque-flite working in Florida? I would like to inspect and repair this transmission before I install in my car. I wouldn't like to give it to a transmission shop that do not have experience with them, this could be worse than not repairing at all.
Thanks for any suggestion.
Luis