Sent: Friday, October 26, 2007 5:51 PM
Subject: Re: IML: thermostats

Hi

My 1955 sedan has factory AC and no fan clutch, but it has a fan shroud. AC cars of this year have a square shaped fan shroud while on non-AC cars the shroud is round.

I feel sorry for you guys who have to "winter" their cars ! Where I live in sunny SoCal "winter" is kind of wet and 60ish and summers are around 100. My car runs the same temp always.

Jan in Ojai, CA
1955 Sedan
----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve B." <Imperial59@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2007 5:59 AM

>Yes, or of a car w/o a fan clutch - like every Imperial before, what, >1965?

An Imperial with A/C had a fan clutch back to '57 and possibly further. I have no knowledge of the pre '57 cars so can't say for sure.

                Steve B.