Re: IML: Gas Prices

Hi Damian,

Please contact me off-line. I am a Canadian Ex-pat Imperial owner and I am
also in Saudi Arabia. I also have not seen an Imperial in Saudi. It would
be cool to discuss Imperials with you.

You are right about the cheap gas. I fill up my car with 91 Octane (60
litres) for 28 SAR which is $7.28 Canadian.

Hank Leskie
Construction Management Team
Quality Manager
SIPChem Project, Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia.
hank.leskie@xxxxxxxxx

                       Damian Justice
                       <djust16@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                       Sent by:                                                                                                   To
                       mailing-list-owner@impe         <mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <a_peery@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                       rialclub.com                                                                                               cc
                       10/26/2007 09:20 AM
                       Please respond to                                                                                     Subject
                       mailing-list                    IML: Gas Prices

Here in Saudi Arabia 95 octane is about $.60/gallon.  Unfortunately the
government will not let me import any car that is more than 10 years old.
I am trying to get a waiver to ship over my '73 Lebaron(this can take years
and special permission from the Royal Family).  Occasionally an Imperial
will come up for auction here but it is rare.  The closest thing I have
found is a '65 Chrysler 300 with an original 383 for about 11K.  It's a
cool car, but it's just not the same.  I'm holding out for the Big Kahuna.
More on this as it develops.
In the mean time, I only get to drive an Imperial for about 45 days a year.
At that point, gas prices are unimportant to me.  In good tune, I average
20.6 MPG on the highway(same as my '99 Suburban).
 D. Justice
2 '73 Lebarons

Windows Live Hotmail and Microsoft Office Outlook – together at last. Get
it now!