RE: IML: thermostats

To me this sounds like a thermostat that won't completely close.  If the
thermostat closes completely you could have a radiator as big as a school
bus and the engine would still reach normal operating temperature.  For
those who live in freezing cold climate this very important otherwise (as
mentioned) no or low heat in the passenger compartment.

>    Yeah, that's the downside. With my police car, I had increased the
> car's cooling capacity so much to deal with summer temperatures, that in
> the winter I had to block part of the radiator (like a school bus does),
> or no heat, and excessively low operating temps.

Ken
67 Crown 4 Dr Ht
68 LeBaron 4 Dr Ht