IML: Please Welcome Jim Brawders

New Subscriber(s): Jim Brawders
Email Address is: classiccars4ny@xxxxxxx
Member Location: New York

Car(s) owned: 2 1966 Le Barons (black/white, navy/white), 1966 Crown Sedan(turbine bronze/white), 1966 Crown convertible (black/red)

Self-Introduction: Hi There - Cannot explain fascination for 1966 Imperials - but you all get the Idea. I am originally from Southern California (partially explains the car thing)and now live in New York. I have a 1965 Chrysler New Yorker Town and Country Station wagon that is all original, a 1965 Buick Riviera Gran Sport, and a 1973 Mustang convertible that I have had for 30 years. When I went shopping for a 1966 Imp, I found a navy/white Le Baron in a barn upstate. I stupidly bought it because of the color combination, still have never seen another one - was told that Joe Kennedy gave the exact same one to Rose in 1966? It had been there for 22 years, had 65K when parked and had deteriorated quite a bit, siezed engine, etc. but with a beautiful white leather interior. I bought it, then bought the other LeBaron to use in the restoration - and the black one runs perfectly and has a like - new pit-free interior, so it stays intact! (It is an amazing car - only has 80K -but has some rust issues) Meanwhile, I found the convertible in Northern California, rust free and all there, but in need of some work. I only have one restoration in me, so the convertible gets the nod, the Le Barons have to go (it kills me to part out the blue one)- because I bought a Turbine Bronze (rare color!)Crown sedan with only 50K from the original owner, totally original! It is just amazing. I look forward to getting my convertible finished and living with it and the Crown. A long road just to get a couple of mint condition cars - and this is only part of the story.