IML: 62 Brake Redo

To The Group;

I received the brake assembly I ordered from Bob Hoffmeister and started working on the left front brake again.  One thing I discovered while looking at the original brake shoe support plate assembly was that it looked slightly bowed looking at it on edge.  I took my steel carpenter's square and held it against one side of the assembly and sure enough there was about a 1/32" to 1/16" bow to the assembly.  I have cleaned up and freed the brake shoe adjusting cams after applying some liquid wrench ti the one I got from Bob.  I cleaned all the surface rust I could get to and now I have some questions:

     Should I get all the oil from the liquid wrench off and then treat the steel plates with a corrosion protector product?

     If corrosion protector is called for, what brand and type would you recommend?

     Should the brake cylinders have some 3-M caulking compound placed on the mounting surface of the dust shield/back-up plate?
          (The original dust shields that came with the car had no caulk around the wheel cylinders, but I have no way to know if it had some originally).

Joe
begin:vcard
fn:Joe Strickland
n:Strickland;Joe
adr;dom:;;1021 Vaughan Lane;Tioga;Texasw;76271
email;internet:jwstrick426@xxxxxxxxxx
version:2.1
end:vcard