Jack, you should have been a poet, not a plumber. Winter here in the tropics is an inconvenience, and using the car with the best heater. Dave.
From: YBSHORE@xxxxxxx

"winter"..........4.  an annual event, whereby Imperialistically carved chunks of gorgeously molded iron, steel and chrome are laid to rest, under cover when possible, due to climactic changes resulting in the artificial 'road salt seasoning' of these pieces of rolling art when underway, this time then allegedly used to address accumulating wounds and/or age degradation, and to lie in wait and reappear in the glory of spring --even fixed occasionally!!!.....and once in a while, a cameo appearance on cold-only sunny days along unseasoned roads during this forbidden time to remind us why we love them, as they take up all that room in the garage/yard..... ;)
Jack/New England