Re: IML: The end of the OIC - No, False Alarm

--- MoparJackie@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I hope this is a joke.Right?

If you read your emails all the way to the bottom or
aren't skipping mine it is.

Sorry.  I got cranky earlier and zinged someone for
asking a question that I've been typing the answer to
for about 7 years now, and it really wasn't nice of me
to do that, so here's my public apology for that
public comment:  I'm sorry I got snippy.

Here's why that happened:

1.  We have 500-700 people here at any given time.  As
I understand it, the number seems to hover pretty
consistently at 600 or so.

2.  We have a website that is monstorous and to die
for if you own an old car that happens to be the right
one for this place.  I've been trying to point it out
to folks for some time now, but it seems like there is
at least one question per month from a well seasoned,
"been here awhile" sort of person that just totally
bypasses it, reading as if we're into Crosleys or
Hupmobiles with no support besides the typed emails
here.

If you're deleting my posts (then you're not reading
this one either...hey, it's a free country!), you
might not see this between my lines, but my thing is
that if you're new to the place, you're obviously
going to not know as much as someone that's been
around and should be cut some serious slack until
you're up to speed, and I'm really OK with that.

BUT: when you've been around and your email/name
starts to get familiar after months or years, I would
personally like to give you the benefit of the doubt
that you're having an in-body experience and are
hopefully reading at least "some" of the messages that
I send out explaining the things that we're doing on
the website.

Everyone has a hobby, mine is working on my cars and
also volunteering (along with many others) to do work
on the club resources.

Soooooo, when someone wrote in earlier asking if it
was possible to post photos of their car to the
website (it is), I rolled my eyes, thought about the
collective 1:45 minutes I've spent writing messages
about that topic over the years, and shot from the
hip, explaining that no, we don't do that and are
actually converting to an all Lincoln-Mercury Format.

Ever notice that online humor really works better with
photos and images than words?  Well, I want to stop
here before someone starts seriously sending photos of
the Lincoln in the back yard, because nothing's really
changed.

I've been meaning to write in and go over some of the
basics (and maybe not so basics) of the website as a
reminder/introduction to what we're up to, so I guess
that perhaps I should do that as pennance?

The bottom line is that we are all united in a common
interest, and the club exists to serve people's needs.

I'll start fresh on a new message and get into that.

For the person that wrote in earlier, I'd like to
offer a free lifetime membership here and hope that
there are no hard feelings.

-Kenyon