Re: IML: Bars Leak or similar product for 1966 Imperial transmission lea

Re: IML: Bars Leak or similar product for 1966 Imperial transmission leak

Hi,

I am sorry to tell you that Bar's leak won't be the solution for your problem. The product itself is OK but only to help you when you stranded at the side of the road on your way to home...

As an example: The radiator of my 1960 Imperial was leaking and steaming and I throwed in a can of Bar's leak.
The only result was that leak was getting worser......

The outcome was that the radiator had to be re-cored, not that easy when you live in the Netherlands!  The core had to be specially made for my radiator since those large radiators are not common in our country :)

For 300 Euros my radiator is as good as new now. In your case, you told us that your engine was steaming  on the right side of the engine.
Can you tell us if that is the right side when you are looking under the hood, or the right side when you are behind the wheel?

When it is the right side when you are looking under the hood you might check the lower radiator hose for leaks.

Anyhow, if you find the leak let it repair professionally! Bar's leak is just handy for coming home when you are stranded!

Just my 2 cents!,

Robert