RE: IML: Grounding a Fuel Sending Unit:

Jack,

On any MOPAR I'm familiar with (60's A's and Imperials) the resistance is from about 7 ohms to about 70 ohms.  The FSM will give the correct resistance for your car.  If at all possible, check with the float up and down and check the resistance as you move it through its travel.  It should read around 7 ohms full, and 70 ohms empty.  These are approximates but will give you another piece of information, and since you already have the sender out, it's easy to check.

Good luck.

Michael