IML: 53 Imperial Exterior Door Handle Removal

IML: 53 Imperial Exterior Door Handle Removal

I notice that the handles are held in by only one fastener. Is there an easy way to remove and replace them without removing the inner door panels? I recall seeing some sort of procedure but can't lay hands on it. These type of handles also were used by Chrysler and Desoto, and up and down the years around 1953.

Currell

1953 Custom Imperial with Powerflite