IML: regulator contacts

Hi,

I wasn't sure if I was clear enough about my question. My voltage regulator burns a little pointed shard across the contacts and sticks, thus over and under charging. Anyone know what causes this? I've tried a new regulator and the same thing eventually happens within a few hundred miles.

The  alternator was changed recently too.

Thx,
Chris Strohmeyer
67 Imperial Convertible