Re: IML: Found Imperials

As I have said before, if you want to make a small fortune restoring a classic car, you must start with a LARGE fortune, Classic cars are a calling, a hobby, a sickness, but not an investment. My two cents, anyway.

That being said, I already own two non-Imperial MOPARS (one of which, the wife says she wants GONE almost every day, and stay on this list for the info that applies to my cars and Imperials, too, and in the hopes a 64 to 66 Imperial might some day fall out of the sky and land in my driveway.

In a message dated 11/12/2007 8:54:00 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, 10penny@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

This really makes me nervous, and causes me to maybe rethink dumping a lot of money into my recently acquired car. Could make and model have a bearing on this, or is it just the Imperials in general?  My car is one of only nine in the current Registry, and unless I’m mistaken, might possibly be the only one like it. Certainly, there can’t be too many. It’s a 1961 Crown 2dr. Coupe in Malibu Tan, and very, very, restorable. I would love to see this car back to almost new condition, and I think it would be a real pleasure to own and drive. BUT, I have serious priorities, too, and I can’t risk doing something dumb. If I’m going to get dramatically upside down on any car, with that knowledge going in, well, maybe I should just let go of it and let someone else that doesn’t have my threshold of pain put the funds into it?

Any thoughts out there?

Steve

Texas

Sent: Monday, November 12, 2007 9:17 AM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: IML: Found Imperials

I don’t think it’s that people are not interested in the cars for sale.  Most people are watching finances pretty close right now.  The US Dollar is losing ground against the Euro right now and the price of fuel is going through the roof.  Plus Winter is coming up quick (except for our Australia and New Zealand friends).  People are just weighing the importance of ‘wants’ vs. ‘needs’.

Ken

67 Crown 4 Dr Ht

68 LeBaron 4 Dr Ht