Re: IML: Fw: voltage regulator contacts burning

Chris, you could stretch the voltage difference to 13.5-14.8, but if you've decided on a SS reg. Forgetabotit. Dave.

From: "Chris Strohmeyer" <chrisstroh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Thx Dave,
Your solution makes the most sense. This is an ALTERNATOR car therefore no polarization required.  I know about how to adjust the voltage regulator to 13.6 volts, which it was. It worked perfectly for a while but then did the same thing my old one did.  I don't want to be filing  the points quite that often and seems unusual for this to happen so soon. Maybe the contacts on the newer regulators are cheap and can't stand up to the job?

Anyway, I have a solid state regulator on it's way for $25. that has the original looking cover on it.  We'll see. Thanks for all the responses.
Chris Strohmeyer
67 Convertible