From: mamrom@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 2:59 pm
Subject: IML: Luxury Coupe vs. 4-Door Survey Question

I was speaking with a friend and asked him the question?- What type of person bought a brand new Coupe verus a 4-door Imperial back in the 50's 60'& 70's? In my opinion, a luxury car was: 1)Big and beautifully Long 2) Luxurious and dignified in it's stature. My opinion was that a Coupe was more of a sporty type car. Most of these cars had buckets seats if I'm not mistaken giving them again a more sporty Look. The Eldorado and Mark 4 was marketed as sportier luxury vehicles(BMW of its time). Indeed, it was all of luxurious as the 4-door car, but had a sportier look to it. I'm not so sure if the Coupe's ride was even softer then the 4-door. I hope not to offend anyone with this question because they are all beautiful cars. I just like to here more opinions on this debate. I'm sure the jury won't be out on this one when it's all said and done -Have a
great Thanksgiving with your families -Anthony