Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2007 12:28 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Found Imperials

Well spoken Dan!

I own a well maintained 60 Imperial in nearly mint condition, but my neighborhood does not regard it as a "respectable" car.. The fact that I live in a very, very calvinistic neighborhood is a another thing,
I guess they judge my Imp as "the devils car"  LOL
Well, allright that makes me the devil then but at least I am enjoying every minute I sit behind the square steeringwheel of my big white "gas hog". And I swear I have never ever seen them smile behind the wheel of their Japanese toycars.

The car is almost 48 years old now, and I am planning to keep it for the next 48 years wether the calvinistics like it or not!3

To give you an idea of the " devils car" : http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/Robert2912/?action=view&current=IMG_0370.jpg

Robert

----- Original Message ----- From: <therichardsonfamily@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 6:10 PM

If I may offer another 2 cents -

I drive about 10 miles one way to work each day. I needed to replace my "work" car in the near future. I could buy a used "whatever" for $8-10K, and have respectable, reliable transportation for years to come. OR, I could slowly resurrect a classic, 60's, like what I drove in my teens, and be thrilled with every trip to the grocery store!

Obviously, I am enjoying my drives everyday. I'm at $8000 into it right now, and I couldn't be happier. She's not quite "reliable", certainly not "respectable", uses a bit more gas but, there ain't nobody around that put the same thought process into action - and I love every minute of this hobby.

Dan Richardson
300L Family Heirloom

From: Bill Longest <billlongest@xxxxxxxxx>
My take on this.

An injection molded, chrome taped, suppository shaped,
late model car will cost $15,000 ++ and still need
brakes, injectors cleaned, and transmissions repaired.
 Every time you push the window button you feel the
unmistakable feel of PLASTIC.  If your have spent
$13,000 + on your car and it has metal switches,
chrome bumpers and real door panels, you have several
thousand to go before you have spent too much.  How's
that for rationalization?

Bill Longest