----- Original Message -----
From: "PAUL WENTINK" <randalpark@xxxxxxx>

This story reminds me of the feeling I had when my '55 began to "come
back to life" after over 30 years of sitting. Most of the cars I have
purchased were drivers, or they were SO dead, that nothing happened
when the battery was connected, and needed lots of electrical work.

The '55 was different. It had been parked for over 30 years. When I
connected the battery for the first time, I could tell there was juice
going to everything that there was suppose to be. Things began to
function, slowly at first. The dim glow of the map lamp, the power
windows one at a time beginning to move, carefully so as not to
overheat the motors, and the even the power seat. I remember the
feeling I had when I pressed the front cigarette lighter into its
socket. As it began to heat, I could smell the remains of the last
cigar the driver smoked before the car was parked back in 1965. What an
ODD feeling! On that day, the car was christened The Gray Ghost.

This car has a special feel to it for me, electrically, since it was
the first six volt positive ground car I had ever owned. The headlights
glow softly, and that is the way that I have chosen to leave them. The
engine was a challenge, but that's a story for another time and is
posted someplace out on the world wide web.

Its time to give thanks and be grateful for my wonderful life. I am
very privileged here to be allowed to enjoy my relics without too much
encroachment from the rest of society. How lucky we are to live well
enough that we can become obsessed with finding a perfect steering
wheel for a 1964 Imperial, while others are struggling to find food.

Even though there are times when I feel like I am experiencing one
train wreck after another, and my life is far from ideal, I do not wish
to change a single thing. Special thanks to the folks that keep our OIC
& IML forum functional and growing.

Paul W.