Re: IML: 1961 imperial front end parts

Hi Paul...after reading your reply to the IMl member regarding problems with wheel 'wobble' or 'bounce' i would like to ask you for more info regarding changing of the master cylinder. I am certainly NOT a qualified mechanic of any kind,  I just like messing around with my Imperials (and cars in general) so have learned a little over the years.....just enough to get myself in trouble, as they say!....
...I was wondering WHY you would expect very poor brake performance after changing out the master cylinder? I will very probably be doing this in the near future on my '66 LeBaron so am very interested in what to expect and how I might get around this problem....if, in fact, it really is a problem or just something that needs some kind of adjustment done.
Thanks a bunch!!
Dan Melnik

---- PAUL WENTINK <randalpark@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Wheel wobble or bounce can also be caused by overheated brakes due to
incorrect shoe adjustment, stuck wheel cylinders, or incorrect pedal
push rod adjustment, if you have recently changed the master cylinder.
You would also notice very poor brake performance, especially after a
few miles.

Paul W.