Re: IML: why did drums hang around so long?

Re: IML: why did drums hang around so long?

I don't know the answer to this question but I think it's interesting to note that drums just recently disappeared from the Honda Accord and Civic-- up until the current model year, 2008, the base models both had rear drums.

I don't mean to steer this discussion toward Hondas or modern cars; I'm just saying that drum brakes were (are) a good technology that have lasted a long time, probably because they work pretty well.

Mark M