IML: more info about the fast 57

As it seems that there are a few questions about my 57 I'll try to give some more details about the build.

First the engine.
It's not that hard to get a lot of power from a 392.
Most important is to get the botem end strong , I use a set of 4 bold main caps a good set of H beam rods ARP studs on everything and custom forged ross blower pistons. 8.5 to1 compresion ratio.Blower is a 6-71 overdriven to give me 14 pounds of boost. With the cam that I'm using 8,5 to 1 compresion and 14 pounds boost I need 110 octane gas. Overhere propane is used a lot to run our cars and propane has the octane rating needed. The heads get large 2 " exhaust valves on a NA engine the intake valves should be bigger than the exhaust but on a SC engine you want the exhaust valves as large as possible. There is a lot of material you can grind away in the ports of the heads to open them up. Exhaust system A set of headers and a 2 3/4 dual system for normal use and cut out valves just behind the headers Fuel system 16 propane injectors and 3 80 mm throttle body's and a megasquirt ECU Transmision : 4L80E GM Controlled with the Megasquirt ECU GPIO board This gives 2 automatic shift programs plus a full manuall option
Stearing :Rack and pinion from a jaguar XJ6
Brakes Porsche 911 rotors with 4 piston calipers
Wheels and tires Car is now on 15" rims with 255-75-15 tires. No way I'm going to find Z rated tires for this.Will need to go for 19"rims. Suspension : 4 Link rear suspension. Still need to find a way to controll ride height of the front suspension. Shocks : found some shocks with adjustable stiffnes normaly used in 4x4 cars The shock of the new corvette als looks good but they are electronicly controled. @ megasquirt they are also working on a system with the GPIO board to do this.

With the stock 3.18 rear end ratio , the 4L80E trans and tire that I have now I calculate 5300 RPM in OD with lock up or 7000 RPM in 3th This is not good 5300 is to low to get max power this should be around 6300 , but need a limited slip anyway so I can correct that.

Example of calculation 15 inch rim is 381 mm 255-75-15 = 255x1,5+381= 763.5 mm total height. to get the roll distange for 1 rev height x Pi = 763.5x3.1415 = 2.399 meter per rev
The 4L80E has a .75 OD  rear axle is a 3.18
1000 engine PRM 1000 / 0.75 / 3.18 gives me 419 rear wheel revs per minute. 419 RW rev x 2.399 meters makes 1005 meters per minute @ 1000 Engine RPM 1005 x 60 makes 60.3 KMH = 37.69 MPH in OD with lockup @ 1000 RPM .

I will be happy to awnser other questions about this build on of of list.
Remco The netherlands