RE: IML: Should I Add Lead Substitute?

> been doing that and everything seems fine.  A few days ago I met
> another man who also claims to know a lot about old cars and he said I
> should definitely NOT add lead substitute to the tank.  He claims that
> could harm the engine and told me to simply burn the highest octane
> unleaded premium gasoline I could find.  What do you guys advise?
> Opinions?  I want to keep my old HEMI healthy & happy.

For most old cars I figure if the valve recession problem ever happens it probably needed to be gone through anyway but in your case with that low mileage I wouldn't risk it.  The stuff, at worst, won't hurt anything and at best will keep that motor happy for another 200k.   I'd spend the money if I had something that nice.

              Steve B.