IML: When is a parts car not a parts car?

IML: When is a parts car not a parts car?

Well, if there are no more parts that can come off
without collapsing the vehicle perhaps it is just a
shell?...  That's sort of a "gray area", I think.

Several Imperial cars were listed on our favorite
giant auction site in the last year, looking somewhat
denuded and significantly lighter than they did some
40+ years ago.

Anyone familiar with the person that posted the ad may
likely wonder if this is the end of an era and death
of one man's inventory.  The governmental authorities
have engaged in several pursuits (documented in the
local media) of this trove and its owner in recent
years involving inspectors in helicopters, super-high
fencing, and claims of opressive zoning enforcement
and/or other various complaints.

Perhaps this is the last straw?

Or just a house cleaning?

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/chrysler/imperial/541269.html

Anyone with more information on Mr. Rosen's status as
a vendor of Imperials in the future is invited to
mention what lies next if they know.

If you're near this auction, it might provide an
opportunity to get a nice frame with perhaps some
other doo-dads attached.  Who knows?

Caveat Emptor.