IML: Winter run

Warning!  If you're one of those who feels that driving an Imperial in rain or freezing weather is against the natural order of things, please don't read any further.

Yesterday it was time to brush all the recent snow off the Imperial.  It was clear and cold - about 2 degrees F.  Our local antique car club has a mid winter car show coming up so I figured I'd see how the car ran, I've never started it in winter before.  I hooked up the battery and after a few cranks it fired up.  It chugged a little bit and finally got up to high idle.  While it warmed up I finsihed getting all the snow off and shoveled out around it.

A previous owner had installed a good set of all-season radials so I figured "what the heck?" and took it for a little spin around the neighborhood.  The Imperial performed great, no problems stopping or otherwise sliding.  A couple times taking off from a stop I could feel the Sure-Grip working - glad to know it has that feature.  Wasn't it still an option in 1960?

After not driving it for the past three months it was nice being behind the wheel of an Imperial again.

I hope to get some pictures when it's in the upcoming parade and car show, stay tuned.

Donn
1960 Custom 4dr
This electronic communication (including all attachments) is intended only for the named addressee(s) and may contain confidential information. It has not passed through our standard review process. Design data and recommendations included herein are provided as a matter of convenience and should not be used for final design. RELY ONLY ON THE FINAL HARDCOPY MATERIALS BEARING THE CONSULTANT'S ORIGINAL SIGNATURE AND SEAL. If you are not the named addressee(s), any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original communication from your system.
This e-mail and all other electronic (including voice) communications from the sender's firm are not intended by the sender to constitute an electronic record, an electronic signature or any agreement to conduct a transaction by electronic means. Any such intention or agreement is hereby expressly disclaimed unless otherwise specifically indicated.